Thin, fine hair can be such a task, although it has its pros it also has its cons. On a scale, its cons far outweighs its pros.
Thin hair has a naturally silky texture and has shorter drying times, but on the other hand, it also lacks volume and is quite a struggle to turn into curls.
Fortunately, there are lots of ways to take care of thin and fine hair to give it more volume, length, texture, and appearance, from changes in your diet to hair care products and daily routine.
Let’s start first from your daily routine, as it is an important part of your life.
- Wash: Washing is the very first part of your day. Fine hair has more hair per square centimeter because it is the smallest in diameter. Because of this feature, it gets oily and greasy faster than its thicker counterpart, which makes it limp every day. Washing 4 – 5 times per week with a volumizing formula, shampoo and conditioner helps your hair free up all the oil and dirt build up.
- Trim: Fine and thin hair is weaker than other hair types and tends to bring out more split ends which will stop the hair from growing to its full potential. Trim your hair every 8 – 10 weeks for good growth of hair, instead of getting the ends snipped or razored, its best to get it light layered or preferably a blunt type of cut, this helps make fuller and longer hair.
- Dry Shampoo: For fine and thin hair, it is best to apply dry shampoos at night rather than in the morning. Applying dry shampoo at night gives it more time to absorb the excess oil secreted by the sebaceous glands, and more so any tossing and trashing will help add more volume and texture.
- Styling of Hair: For fine and thin hair types, your styling of hair should be uniquely different from others. Volumizing sprays, texturizing creams or sprays, root lifters, and others should be important items in your daily routine, and dry shampoos should always be present and added in between washes.
Now that your daily routine has been taken care of, let’s move on to the next most important thing you can do to take care of your thin and fine hair is your diet.
Changes in Diet
You are what you eat, and your hair is what you eat. Nutrition plays a key factor in the growth and care of your thin and fine hair. Not all thin hair is as a cause of genes, for some cases, it may simply be your diet.
These changes in your diet will help you take perfect care of your thin and fine hair.
- Vitamin B and Biotin Supplements: Vitamin B and biotin supplements such as eggs, flaxseed, spinach, whole grains, and yogurts, should start making an appearance in your diet as they are quite efficient in improving the looks of hair, skins, and nails.
- Avoid White Sugar: White sugar and carbs are major causes of hair loss, which goes on to say that even if you add all the vitamin B and biotin supplements into your diet, as long as the carbs and white sugar make appearances, the effect of the vitamins will not be seen. Make sure you avoid anything that contains aspartame and tries to fill your daily diet with natural sugar instead of the refined ones.
- Pick up Collagen on the side: Your hair is made up of mostly protein, and nothing provides it more than collagen. Collagen is known for its numerous benefits to your hair. Collagen reduces the risk of thinning hair by improving blood circulation and increasing the amino acids in your hair.
- Drop of Cinnamon: Cinnamon has an inside link to hair growth, don’t tell anyone we’re sharing this secret with you. Cinnamon spice helps improve oxygen and blood circulation to provide nutrients to your hair follicles to aid it from falling out.
Changes in your diet bound to bring about changes in the look of your hair, let’s move on to the last phase, your hair care products.
Hair Care Products
From supplements to hair masks, your hair care products play a vital role just like your daily routine and your diet plan.
- Root Volume Spray: One of the common problems of thin hair is that they lack volume at the root. A root volume spray helps to add volume and lift around the crown of your head.
- Texturizing Spray: Texturizing spray helps to add natural texture and strength to your hair, this is very good for fine and thin hair as it helps provide it with the structure to hold any style.
All these tips are sure to help you take care of your thin and fine hair and also grow it to have more texture, length, and health.