Happy Friday everyone! It’s freezing cold outside (-25ºC right now!) and so going outside is at the moment the last thing on my mind. And so it is a perfect day for going through my last year’s beauty review posts and picking my favourite beauty products of 2015 🙂
Hair care favourites
Last year I didn’t try very many new hair care products, but from the ones I tried and tested my most favourite ones were Moroccanoil Extra Volume shampoo and conditioner and Kebelo Clarifying shampoo. When it comes to Moroccanoil Extra Volume shampoo and conditioner then I think this is the PERFECT duo for my rather fine hair! Although they won’t add dramatic volume or boost to my hair, then my hair does look and feel more voluminous and that is even when I let my hair dry naturally. Kebelo Clarifying shampoo is so far the best purifying shampoo I’ve ever used! My hair feels clean, but it is different kind of clean. My hair has never felt so light and squeaky clean, but at the same it doesn’t dry out my hair.
Favourite eye makeup removers
I used 4 new makeup removers in 2015 and Klorane soothing eye makeup remover and REN Rosa Centifolia Express Make-Up Remover were the best ones. Both of these eye makeup removers work well and they don’t dry out my eye area or leave it unpleasantly oily or greasy.
Favourite eye makeup products
Choosing favourite eye makeup products was hard, because there was actually so many more products I liked. But I guess if someone asked then these four would be the ones I could instantly name.
- Cargo Cosmetics Vintage Escape palette isn’t anything new, but I discovered it in early 2015. I love that palette a lot and I used it very often. I like its selection of shades and the quality is good too!
- Cargo Cosmetics The Essentials Eye Shadow palette came out in 2015 and when I saw it on Cargo Facebook page then I knew I had to have it in my life.
- Lancome Hypnose Volume mascara absolutely lived up to my high expectations. I like that even in just one coat it makes my lashes much longer and more voluminous and for more dramatic result I need just 2 or 3 more coats. Even after wearing it 12+ hours it doesn´t flake and in humid conditions it doesn´t smear.
- Urban Decay Naked 3 eye shadow palette was something I didn’t really plan to purchase at first, because I already owned Naked 2 and so I didn’t really see no point of getting 3. But after my drear 2.5 year managed to completely destroy my Naked 2 palette, then I had a good excuse to get this one 😛 It didn’t disappoint me and I like it a lot.
Favourite lip products
In 2015 I fell in love with Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Gloss Sticks and Shiseido Veiled Rouge BE301 Carrera. I like Shiseido Veiled Rouge lipsticks because they feel so nice and moisturising on my lips and Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Gloss Sticks were just perfect for summer time. They added lovely color to my lips and moisturized my lips keeping them nice and soft, even after the color had faded from my lips.
Favourite face masks
- AHAVA Purifying Mud Mask was soooo good! After using this mask my complexion looked more even and my skin felt clean, soft and fresh. Some of this type of masks dry out my skin, but I didn’t notice that effect with this mask.
- Vasanti BrightenUp Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator made my skin super clean and smooth, but not unpleasantly dry. Maybe I was imagining it, but it did seem to make my complexion look brighter.
- AHAVA Hydration Cream Mask pampered my skin so well 🙂 Love!
- Avon Volcanic Iceland Warming Face Mask was a really great surprise. Once applied to damp skin it instantly warms up and it feels amazing! The warming sensation lasts for about 30 seconds or so and after that it feels like a regular face mask. I like that this face mask works quickly and so you don’t have to wait forever to rinse it off. After rinsing it off my skin feels nice and smooth.
and some more favourites
- Lancome Advanced Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate is really good! I received this serum in a sample size at first and instantly fell in love with it and ended up purchasing it in full size later on.
- Dr. PawPaw Original Clear Balm is a wonderful multitasking balm. It works great for soothing dry lips – just apply some balm on your lips in the evening and wake up with nourished lips that are not cracked any more. I also love it as a cuticle balm, because it seems to keep my cuticles moisturised longer than any other cuticle cream or oil that I’ve used so far. I have also tested it on my hair and it works great on my dry ends.
- REN Satin Perfection BB Cream doesn’t hide all imperfections, but I just love how natural it looks on my skin and it also moisturizes my skin very well.
- Soltan Dry Touch Face Suncare Cream SPF30 was my last summer’s favourite sun care product. It didn’t leave my skin looking or feeling greasy or sticky and it also didn’t leave this kind of white residue.