Last week I showed you Essence How To Make Bright Eyes Make-Up Box that comes in a cute pink packaging and today I have Essence How To Make Smokey Eyes Make-Up Box to show you. I bought this palette from Selver 1.5 weeks ago and now I have swatched it and played around with it.
How To Make Smokey Eyes Make-Up Box is described as an eyeshadow palette that lets you create your perfect smokey eyes look in just a few easy steps. This box is promised to contain everything you need for beautiful smoky eyes.
Essence How To Make Smokey Eyes Make-Up Box comes in a sturdy carton box that looks nice, but isn’t very convenient for travelling because of its size. The box contains 6 eye shadow shades, a duo applicator, a speech bubble shaped mirror in the lid and two step by step tutorials that are hidden behind the mirror. The mirror does look cool, but I don’t really use it. The duo applicator gets the job done, but again, I’m not really a fan and I prefer my proper makeup brushes any time.
Essence How To Make Smokey Eyes eye shadow palette contains 6 eye shadow shades. Three of the shades contain tiny glitter and three have satin finish.
Swatches! On the first photo you can see all 6 shades swatched on clean and dry skin. As you can see without primer these shades are disappointing and you can barely see them.
On the photo below, you can see all six shades swatched over Yves Rocher Fixing Eyelid Primer. Well that’s the result I like and all shades look beautiful.
Essence How To Make Smokey Eyes eye shadow palette is a nice palette that doesn’t cost you a fortune. And the packaging definitely looks cool, but when it comes to the eye shadow shades and quality, then I’m not impressed 🙁 especially when it comes to shades Silver Star, Black-Out and Oh La La Lilac. All these shades contain tiny glitter and during application there’s lot of fallout 🙁 I also wish that there was 1-2 matte shades in this palette, because too much shimmer and satin isn’t really my cup of tea any more.
Over all I’m not fond of this make-up box, because half of the shades leave behind lot of fall out and the pigmentation of the eye shadows isn’t best.
My grey smokey eye with Essence How To Make Smokey Eyes Make-Up Box
For this grey smokey eye, I used 4 shades from Essence How To Make Smokey Eyes eye shadow palette and I also finally tried Eylure Pre-Glued Lashes 🙂 I was lazy this time and so I followed (or at least tried to follow) one of the looks from the step by step tutorial card 😀
What I used
- Yves Rocher Fixing Eyelid Primer
- shade Cool Grey on the inner eye lid
- shade Silver Star on the outer eye lid and blended together with Cool Grey
- shade Black-Out in outer corner and also slightly blended to the crease
- shade Spotlight on below the eyebrow and in inner corner
- Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in 07 Black Chrome on upper lash line and slightly on lower lash line
- Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in 020 True Ivory under eye set with New CID Cosmetics I-Finish Translucent Loose Powder
- MAC False Lashes Extreme Black Mascara
- Eylure pre-glued lashes
- e.l.f. Eyebrow Kit in Light
- REN Satin Perfection BB Cream in Light/Medium
- Rimmel Hide The Blemish Concealer in Soft Honey 103
- Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Mineral Face Powder in Creamy Natural
- Physicias Formula Mineral Wear Mineral Veil in Translucent
- Bronzer from e.l.f. Contouring Blush & Bronzing powder palette
- MAC blush in Modern Mandarin
- Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Gloss Stick in Coral Reef