Worried about the dry flaky skin around your eyes? Submit to tranquility, the article will be offering potent solutions for your problems.
The skin around our eyes is thinner than the skin on other parts of your body. Indeed, the skin around our eyes is much drier than the rest of our face, as the skin here contains fewer oil glands. Consequently, the sensitive skin around our eyes is more prone to fine lines, dark circles and dry skin. The condition turns worse when it causes flaking, itchiness, cracked lines and rough patches that result in extreme discomfort & aging skin treatments.
To help you combat these problems, here I have listed seven proven remedies:
Water hydrates our skin and balances the moisture content. Moreover, the increase in water consumption narrows down the mucus in the sinuses. Thin mucus drains smoothly, thereby diminishing the risk of dark circles, dryness and inflammation around the eyes. Therefore, increase the water consumption.
- Home remedies
A number of natural remedies for dry skin are widely used, a few of them are as follows:
- Apply fresh uncooked milk to the area and leave it on. After 20 minutes, wash it off with normal water.
- Rose water prevents puffy eyes by hydrating the skin and acts as an effective coolant. Moreover, it is a terrific toner that reduces the size of the pores.
- A mixture of egg yolk, milk and honey, when applied to the region gives back a rejuvenated skin.
- Soak a green tea bag in water and let it rest on your eyes for a while. This will rectify dryness, wrinkles and fine lines around your eyes.
- Most of the dermatologists prescribe the use of glycerin as a moisturizer. Use glycerin around your eyes.
- Aloe Vera gel works as a great remedy to cure dry skin within a week or two, if used regularly. Apply the gel to dry eyelids as often as necessary.
- To ease irritation and redness mix ½ tsp of olive oil and ½ tsp of aloe Vera gel, in a small container and apply it under the eyes every night.
- Use a cotton ball to apply cucumber juice. Keep it for 5-10 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. Dry it with a towel and apply a good moisturizer.
- Apply honey around your eyes, let it stay for 10 minutes, and then wash it off. Honey is sticky, so do not rub and pull too harsh. Treat the delicate skin in a delicate manner.
- Olive oil is a great repairing and anti-aging agent. Apply it directly on the dry surface and leave it on for overnight.
- Give your skin a break/ Fast eye makeup / Divorce makeup for a while
Don’t block your skin with hefty chemicals or makeup, let it breathe and bloom with open pores for some days.
Avoid applying cosmetics around your eyes. Skip eyeliner, mascara, foundation and lotions, as they cause unwanted stress developing dryness. Always choose a makeup brand that is hypoallergenic and tested by ophthalmologists. Testing is necessary to rule out issues of allergic reactions. Also, opt for a good makeup remover. Avoid going to bed with makeup on the face, it is an open invitation to acne.
Make sure that the skin is well moisturized to rule down dry flaky skin around the eyes. Never forget to moisturize your skin after shower or after washing your face. Always apply cream or moisturizer in gentle strokes.
- Severe weather
Safeguard your skin from harsh weather, use sunglasses and hats when you go out in the sun. It is advised to apply a good sunscreen and wear protective goggles for minimum skin damage. During winters use a humidifier, as the dry and humid weather dehydrates the skin.
- Quit Drinking and smoking
Shun consuming excess alcohol and smoking, as they can dehydrate and harm the skin. It leads to reduced flow of oxygen to the skin and poor blood circulation, which in turn gets dry.
7. Get enough sleep
Avoid working late into the nights to avert or amend severe dry flaky skin under the eyes. The sinus cavities flow when you sleep, and continuous late nights reduce such drainage, thereby causing dark circles.
Try these and see how miraculously your dry skin gets healed around the eyes.
Emma Brown is a skin expert by profession. She loves to share her knowledge and experience with people. She regularly contributes her write ups to health or skin care related websites and blogs with most of her writings based on tips for best antiaging treatments .In her free time she loves to travel, fashion shows and music.You can follow her on Twitter @EmmaBrownSpeaks