Let´ s start with Love is in the Air Nail Art Challenge. The theme for today was Nail art technique you love. Well I love simple nail art techniques and so I had hard time deciding whether I should do sponging, dotticure, saran wrap or maybe dry brush technique. I decided to use two fo my favorite nail art techniques for this manicure: sponging and dots. I did want to use saran wrap too on accent nail, but when I was doing my nails then I forgot to do one step and I was too lazy to start over 😛
For my favorite nail art techniques manicure I used three nail polishes, a piece of sponge, duck tape and dotting tool.
How I did it:
- First I applied a coat of OPI Nail Envy to my nails and then added one coat of China Glaze White on White.
- Once the white polish had dried completely I taped 1/2 of my nail
- I added some China Glaze White on White, OPI You Better Pink! (aka Pink Friday) and China Glaze Purple Panic on a piece of sponge and then I dabbed my nails with the sponge until I was happy with the gradient.
- Next I removed the duck tape
- Next I used a dotting tool and China Glaze Purple Panic and added dots to my nails. When the dots were dry, I added Nails Inc 45 second Top Coat with Kensington Caviar.
And the finished manicure