Do you like pancakes? I do! But since I have been trying to cut carbs from my diet than regular pancakes just won´t do 🙁 Well last week I bought a low carb cookbook The Low-Carb Gourmet by Karen Barnaby and so I the first recipe I tried from that book was of course low carb pancakes´one 🙂
For these low carb almond pancakes (about 10 pancakes) you will need:
- 3 eggs
- 90 ml whipping cream
- 1 tsp Stevia (or other sweeter). I used Now Foods Better Stevia Liquid Sweetener ordered from iHerb.
- pinch of sea salt
- 75 g of ground almonds
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
How to make these low carb pancakes:
- Separate egg yolks from the whites and beat egg whites until they are white and fluffy and soft peaks form.
- In a large bowl mix egg yolks, whipping cream, Stevia (or other sweetener you are using) and salt until smooth.
- In a small bowl mix ground almonds and baking powder and then mix them into the yolks and whipping cream mixture. When the mixture is smooth add egg whites.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add the butter. Once the butter melts wipe it out of the pan. Add 1-3 tablespoons (depending how big frying pan you are using) of pancake batter to the frying pan and cook until slightly browned and then turn gently over and cook on the other side.
Easy! And delicious!
Have you tried this kind of low carb almond pancakes?