I have always wanted to try Birchbox and now I can finally try it thanks to the fact that I´m living in UK until August 2015. So today I want to share with you what was in my Birchbox UK August 2014 box. I guess almost everyone knows what Birchbox is, but for those who doesn´t: Birchbox is a monthly subscription service which is promised to deliver high-end beauty and lifestyle samples that have been customised for me. This service costs £10+ £2.95 shipping per month. I found a great deal from LivingSocial and so I paid £30 + £8 for shipping for 6 months subscription which normally costs £50 for 6 months plus shipping £2.95 per month.
My Birchbox arrived nicely packed and all the products were in a lovely see through bag which is just perfect for travelling.
In my Birchbox I recieved
- Liaison de Parfum “No Matter What” sample. I love receiving perfume samples, because I really don´t have time to spend at store sniffing fragrances. I have never heard of Liaison de Parfum before and so I was excited to try this fragrance. Unfortunately it is just not my cup of tea. Since I´m no good at describing scent then I won´t even try that, but when I asked mr.R´s opinion then without really thinking he was like “This reminds me of cheap liquid hand soap with some rose scent”.
- Number 4 Super Comb & Protect leave-in spray sample – another brand that I´ve never even heard of. I have tried this leave-in conditioner once and I LOVE it! It made my hair so shiny and soft and easy to comb. Its scent may be bit too overwhelming for some, but I liked it.
- Supergoop! Daily Correct SPF35 CC Cream sample – This was the sample I was most excited about! I have read nothing but good things about Supergoop! products and when I found this CC cream sample from my box I was basically jumping from joy in my kitchen and mr.R and little mr.R watched me like I had gone mad 😀 Oh well I have tried this sample twice by now and again I LOVE it! It feels so good on my skin and it makes it look nice and even.
- Nude Progenius Omega Treatment Oil sample – I have heard great things about Nude. I have tried this oil twice on my face and I like it a lot. I like that this sample actually comes with a pump and so it is convenient to use. It leaves my skin smooth and nourished.
- chapter one from the romantic novel The Proposal by Tasmina Perry. I wasn´t really fond of this “sample”. DOn´t get me wrong I do like reading and romantic novels and this book seems like a good one, but just this kind of sample for me seems useless.
- The only full size product Wild About Beauty Créme Eyeshadows in 04 Matilda. I have only swatched it so far, but it seemed nicely pigmented.
Overall I´m not loving this month´s Birchbox, but I don´t have anything bad to say either, because I´m loving those samples of Supergoop! CC cream, Number 4 leave-in spray and Nude treatment oil. To find out more about Birchbox UK click here.