39 days to Christmas! I love Christmas! I love Christmas food, Christmas songs, Christmas decorations and of course I love Christmas gifts! Today I’m going yo show you DIY Bespoke Christmas Hamper for Beauty Lover! I love the idea of Christmas hampers and nowadays there are many ready-made Christmas hampers that you can buy, but I feel that those hampers kind of lack personal touch and so I think it is an amazing idea to put together Christmas hamper yourself.
Why put together your own personalised Christmas hamper?
- you can choose all the products yourself depending on the taste and needs of the one who will receive the hamper
- you can decorate it as you like
- it’s just so much fun! Even if you are doing it for the very first time, like I was 😀
Before putting together a gift basket for beauty lover think about …
- your budget
- does she/he only use cruelty free products
- is she/he vegan or allergic to anything
- does the receiver prefers high-end or drugstore beauty products
- does the receiver prefer natural products
- is there a type of beauty products she never uses (for example if the person, who receives the gift, never paints her nails then putting nail polishes in personalised hamper seems a bit pointless)
For your DIY Bespoke Christmas Hamper for Beauty Lover you will need
- a basket or a box where to put the products. The box doesn’t have to be anything special – even a shoe box will do, but this case you should decorate it. You paint the box, add stickers or glitter or you can cover it with Christmas themed wrapping paper like I did.
- double-sided sticky tape
- wrapping paper (or anything else to use for decorating your box)
- gift hamper filling – shredded paper, tissue paper, packing paper etc
- beauty and other Christmas themed products
- cellophane for wrapping
- ribbons, bow, gift tag
How to build a personalised Christmas hamper for beauty lover
- take a cardboard box and cover it with wrapping paper (or paint it, add stickers etc)
- build a base using packing paper, shredded paper or tissue paper. Base will create height and will make the contents of your hamper more presentable.
- add the products. You can arrange them until you are happy with the result. You should start with taller/larger items. You can use double-sided sticky tape to keep items in place.
- wrap your gift hamper. For that use cellophane, double-sided sticky tape, ribbon & bow and gift tag. Cellophane is very popular for wrapping gift hampers because it is clear and so you can see what’s inside the hamper.
I have never built a gift hamper and so it was an interesting to do it. I decided to make my gift hamper look more like a candy and so I ended up tying both ends with ribbon.
In my Christmas hamper there were this time following products
- Clarins Moisture-rich Body Lotion with Shea Butter for dry skin
- Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment
- Clarins Exfoliating Body Scrub
- bareMinerals The Enchanted Garden full-face palette
- Yankee Candles: Christmas Memories & Angel’s Wings
- Mavala Snow Blossom Kit
- Baylis & Harding Cranberry Cupcake Glitter Bubble Bath
- Gucci Bamboo Eau de Parfum & perfumed body lotion
- Molton Brown Rhubarb & Rose bath & shower gel (you can also use it for decorating your Christmas tree 😉 )
- ThisWorks Christmas cracker
Boots is making Christmas this year bit easier and you can find almost everything you need for you perfect personalised gift hamper starting from ribbons to Christmas gifts for every budget from boots.com. They have also made a very good easy-to follow video tutorial about building a gift. You can watch the video HERE.
Have you ever built a personalised gift hamper? Do you like receiving them?